Àngel Castiñeira, Francisco Longo and Tamyko Ysa to Contribute to the Academic Advisory Board for the Implementation of Barcelona’s 2030 Agenda
The mission of this recently created Board is to advise the municipal government in the definition and application of concrete measures to drive forward the 2030 Agenda in Barcelona.
July, 17 2020 | Editorial office
It is made up of 32 academics of recognized standing in the economic, social, environmental and public management spheres, including ESADEgov Director Francisco Longo, Professor Àngel Castiñeira and Professor Tamyko Ysa.
Its functions, according to the Mayoral Decree that constituted it, are:
- To advise Barcelona City Council leadership on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in the city and the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- To foster the conducting of studies in partnership with universities, teaching centers, research centers, companies, foundations, and public and private institutions linked to the various 2030 Agenda action areas.
- To propose actions and projects with the aim of making Barcelona a benchmark in the achievement of the SDGs and to put forward innovative public policies to achieve these goals.
- To afford a broad and global vision in all aspects related to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda, especially with regard to the projects and initiatives promoted by the City Council.
- To evaluate the development of the Government Measure for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and to pinpoint and propose improvements to the system of indicators for assessing the achievement of the goals.
- To be acquainted with the results of the annual goal monitoring and evaluation reports before they are made public.
To foster citizen awareness and support for the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs, by connecting the academic world, institutions and citizens.